- Dubuque: Nano’s Dream Realized
- New Orleans Service & Discernment Trip: Spring Break with the Sisters
- Aberdeen Sister Mary Pius Gutoski Celebrates 75th Jubilee
- Five Aberdeen Sisters Celebrate 70th Jubilee
- Seven Aberdeen Sisters Celebrate 60th Jubilee
- Aberdeen Sisters Sharing the Joy of Education
- Union: US – Associate Day in Fargo
- Union: US – Nano Nagle Award at St. Norbert Catholic School
- San Francisco: Un-bee-lievable Hospitality
- Union: NL Associates’ Prison Outreach Project
- Union: US – Presentation Learning Center Completes School Year
- 2019 Dubuque Jubilee Celebrations
Aberdeen Celebrates Earth Day
by Sister Mary Lou Geraets, tender of recycling at Presentation Convent and member of Green Aberdeen
Presentation Sisters and Cojourners joined with other groups in the area to sponsor the “Green Aberdeen” Earth Day fair on Monday, April 22 in Central Park, Aberdeen, S.D.
The celebration of the day included something for the whole family. There were booths for people to visit, including a Presentation Sisters booth with visiting and offering packets of seeds. Speakers gave the reminder that the survival of the human species is at risk, encouraging people to wake up and change by consuming less and especially lowering emissions of fossil fuels.
Along with booths and speakers there was art and music. Some music was performed by “Better Ride,” a group of about 10 people, including some with special needs. They wrote some of the songs they performed. Their focus was on inclusion of people who seem different than us. The fun the group had while singing and playing the music was exhilarating, sparking energy among those celebrating Earth Day.