- New Orleans Service & Discernment Trip: Spring Break with the Sisters
- Aberdeen Sister Mary Pius Gutoski Celebrates 75th Jubilee
- Five Aberdeen Sisters Celebrate 70th Jubilee
- Seven Aberdeen Sisters Celebrate 60th Jubilee
- Aberdeen Sisters Sharing the Joy of Education
- Union: US – Associate Day in Fargo
- Union: US – Nano Nagle Award at St. Norbert Catholic School
- San Francisco: Un-bee-lievable Hospitality
- Union: NL Associates’ Prison Outreach Project
- Union: US – Presentation Learning Center Completes School Year
- 2019 Dubuque Jubilee Celebrations
- UISG Meeting in Rome
Aberdeen Holds 12th LIVE Camp for Young Latina Women
By Sister Lynn Marie Welbig
We just completed our 12th year of the LIVE Camp, Latinas Inspiring Virtuous Excellence. Goals for this camp are to engage 7th, 8th and 9th grade Latinas to grow in their relationship with God, embrace their Latina heritage with pride, and be empowered in virtue as leaders in their families, church, communities and the world.
At camp days are spent being physically active, learning how to be proactive at school and meeting other young and energized Latinas from the community. In addition, the girls learn better ways to make healthy decisions, increase their self-esteem, grow in their faith and become aware of the potential within them.
This year, we were blessed to have two wonderful Presentation Sisters from Dubuque to assist us by serving as sister counselors. Sister Jessi and Sister Mary Therese drove all the way from Chicago to the deep woods of Creighton University Retreat Center near Griswold, Iowa, and also brought along two campers from Chicago. We hosted 58 Latinas of middle school age, hailing from Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota. This was our largest LIVE camp enrollment to date.
A little extra excitement befell our camp this year as the electricity went out for five hours on our last afternoon/evening of camp. An extra an unintended learning was to find our way around in the dark!
The campers expressed their gratitude as well as their growth in faith and leadership learnings during camp.