- Dubuque: Nano’s Dream Realized
- New Orleans Service & Discernment Trip: Spring Break with the Sisters
- Aberdeen Sister Mary Pius Gutoski Celebrates 75th Jubilee
- Five Aberdeen Sisters Celebrate 70th Jubilee
- Seven Aberdeen Sisters Celebrate 60th Jubilee
- Aberdeen Sisters Sharing the Joy of Education
- Union: US – Associate Day in Fargo
- Union: US – Nano Nagle Award at St. Norbert Catholic School
- San Francisco: Un-bee-lievable Hospitality
- Union: NL Associates’ Prison Outreach Project
- Union: US – Presentation Learning Center Completes School Year
- 2019 Dubuque Jubilee Celebrations
Aberdeen Sister Mary Pius Gutoski Celebrates 75th Jubilee
Sister Mary Pius Gutoski was born and raised in Chicago, Ill. She received a bachelor’s in education from Northern State Teacher’s College (University), Aberdeen, S.D., and a master’s in education from the University of Illinois, Champagne-Urbana, Ill.
For 20 years, Sister Mary Pius taught in Presentation Schools throughout the region. She shared her love of learning by serving as a primary school teacher in Milbank, Dell Rapids, Sioux Falls, Madison, Mitchell and Aberdeen, S.D., and Anoka, Minn. She continued to encourage and inspire students in inner city public schools in Flint, Mich., for an additional 22 years.
After 42 years in education ministry, she returned to school and received training and certification in therapeutic massage in Lapur, Mich. She served as a therapeutic masseuse in Flint, Mich., for 12 years, where she shared,“I asked the Lord to work through me. When I work, I pray,” she said. “A massage helps people heal physically, mentally. If you feel better physically, you feel better mentally and spiritually.”
Now retired, Sister Mary Pius is active in prayer ministry in Linden, Mich., and enjoys spending time and visiting with friends.