- Union: NL Makes Pilgrimage to Ireland to Celebrate Nano’s 300th
- Dubuque Sisters Honor Nano’s Legacy by Passing on the Lantern Light
- Union: US – The Long & Short of it in Mary’s Kitchen
- Union: US Friends of Nano make Pilgrimage to Celebrate Nano
- New Windsors’ Clifton Presentation Associates Donate to Those in Need
- Aberdeen Sisters Give Gratitude to Local Organizations in the Name of Nano
- Aberdeen Advertorial Features Tenacity
- US Unit: Presentation Center Prayer Brunch
- Newfoundland and Labrador Celebrating the 300th Anniversary of Foundress
- Aberdeen’s Sister Mary Thomas celebrates 40th Jubilee
- US Unit: St. Joseph School, Upland, California Eighth Grade Mission Project
- New Windsor Sister Julia Ciccolini Celebrates Diamond Jubilee
Aberdeen Sisters Kathleen Bierne and Marilyn Dunn Celebrate 60th Jubilee
Pictured above: Sisters Kathleen Bierne and Marilyn Dunn
Sister Kathleen Bierne
Sister Kathleen (Mary Lambert) Bierne was born in Watertown, S.D. She attended school in Grover, S.D., Watertown, S.D., and graduated from Henry High School, Henry, S.D.
Sister Kathleen received her bachelor’s in home economics education from South Dakota State University, Brookings; her master’s in family and child development from Kansas State University, Manhattan; and her JCL Canon Law from Saint Paul University, Ottawa, Canada.
Sister Kathleen is a lifelong learner and dedicated to service of others. She taught in Catholic schools in South Dakota and Minnesota for 11 years and then ministered in pre-school/parent education and tribunal ministry in several dioceses throughout the region. She continued her charism of leadership as she served three separate terms as vice president of the congregation and as an interim director of development. For the past three years, she has spent time as a lobbyist in the South Dakota Legislature and currently serves as a system member for Avera Health.
Sister Kathleen loves to spend time outdoors walking, sharing a leisurely evening meal with friends and reading historical novels and poetry.
Sister Marilyn Dunn
Sister Marilyn (Florence) Dunn was born in Farmer, S.D.; and attended a Catholic grade school in Emery and graduated from high school in Alexandria, S.D.
After attending one year of college at Mount Marty, Yankton, S.D., Sister Marilyn entered Presentation Convent in 1957. She went on to both Presentation College and Northern State University in Aberdeen, S.D., receiving both her bachelor’s and master’s in elementary education at Northern. She did some additional study at Xavier University in New Orleans, La.
Sister Marilyn dedicated more than 25 years to educating and caring for children in the parish schools in Wilmar, Minn.; and Huron, Mitchell, Madison, Aberdeen and Milbank, S.D. Sister went on to work in an educational program in New Orleans for several years and later moved to Presentation College Lakota Campus in Eagle Butte, S.D., for 15 years.
Sister Marilyn enjoys reading and visiting with family and friends. She currently volunteers as an assistant in mission and student services at Presentation College in Aberdeen, S.D., and writes an uplifting weekly message to students and staff at the college and convent entitled “Lighting the Way.” Sister also has also been active in the Presentation Cojourner program.