- Dubuque: Remarkable Women
- Aberdeen: Continuing Our Lenten Journey
- Union: NL – A Reflection for Presentation Day 2020 from Holly Foley
- Dubuque Associate Offering Support to Others Through Jail and Prison Ministry
- Aberdeen: Our Faithful Journey Continues
- Aberdeen: Planting and Growing Seeds of Peace
- Dubuque: New Orleans Local Presentation Sisters Light up Their Neighborhood with Hope-themed House Float
- Aberdeen: Warm a Neighbor Event a Success
- Dubuque: Paula Schwendinger in Virtual Ministry to Immigrants
- New Windsor Sister Dale McDonald on Catholic Schools Week
- Union: Presentation Learning Center in Los Angeles Makes Christmas Brighter
- Virtual Opportunities from Mount St. Anne’s Retreat & Conference Centre
Aberdeen: Warm a Neighbor Event a Success
Since 2015 we have partnered with Sioux Falls Christian Radio Station, Life 96.5, to focus on our Warm a Neighbor Project. Each month, the radio station highlights a non-profit to address a local need. They ask their listeners to help this organization by donating items. We have been fortunate to grow this partnership each year and be one of their “January ministries,” collecting warm winter items for clients at Caminando Juntos, our Latino ministry in Sioux Falls.
Our partnerships have grown for this event each year. This year, Billion Automotive and Nyberg’s Ace Hardware, joined us as a new drop off locations in Sioux Falls. The energy has been contagious as Coffea Roasterie has also agreed to assist at three locations in Sioux Falls. We are ever grateful to all of the partners, knowing that together we are warming hundreds of neighbors each winter!
Caminando Juntos is Spanish for “walking together.” Their primary purpose is to help create a welcoming presence and respond to the needs of the newer Latino immigrants as they seek to integrate into this culture and make a home among us.
It has been found that many of the Hispanic people who relocate to Sioux Falls are not prepared for the harshness of the winter climate. They do not have warm gloves, mittens, hats, or scarves to wear. We ask the community for help to provide cold weather accessories for the men, women and children who visit the ministry center for assistance.
Here are a few stories from Caminando Juntos of how much these warm winter items are appreciated, and Inspire Hope!
“A young couple came looking for gloves. They were walking and it was a cold and snowy day. We were able to give them some gloves and the girl was really excited that we had some new shoes, as the ones she had were really wet and old. They were so grateful.”
“It was the end of the day and a pregnant woman and her little girl came to our ministry. They walked to come to our ministry, even getting lost before finding our office. They needed some assistance. We provided them with hats, gloves, scarfs, blanket and shoes. They were really happy. That moment was so heartwarming.”
This year, over 1,000 warm winter items were donated including coats, hats, scarves, mittens, gloves and socks. We are so very thankful to the outpouring support to Warm Our Neighbor.
CLICK HERE to view a thank you from the staff at Caminando Juntos.
To learn more about Caminando Juntos, CLICK HERE.