- Aberdeen Presentation Sisters Respond to COVID with Centering Prayer
- COVID-19 and Newfoundland, Canada
- Aberdeen Presentation Sisters Create New Ways to Stay Connected
- Union US – Fruitful Fulfilling Lives in Shaw, Mississippi
- San Francisco Continuing Day Laborer Program During the Pandemic
- Union: US – Upland, California, Community Life Continues in New Ways
- News from Presentation Learning Center, Watts, California
- San Francisco Responding to Needs During the Pandemic
- Aberdeen: Newsletter for Caminando Juntos Ministry
- Union: NL – Sister Frances Pennell Greeting Card Ministry
- Union US – Seasons of Life: Spirituality of Aging
- Union: US – Opening Borders, Opening Hearts
News from Presentation Learning Center, Watts, California
Like most schools, we have been forced to close the doors to our Learning Center for the remaining school year in order to protect the health and safety of our students, volunteers and staff. We have been challenged to live as people of light as Nano Nagle did, and we are proud to share that our community has answered the call.
A coalition of volunteers and students has joined in making protective masks for themselves, local hospitals and vulnerable citizens in our community. Over 1,000 masks have been delivered to local hospitals. More to come!
Our social outreach group is busy knitting hats and scarves for our local convalescent home, caps for newborns and children with cancer and blankets for patients at County USC Medical Center.
The Center staff is in constant contact with our students, volunteer teachers and associates. Our adult ESL students are encouraged to continue learning at home with PBS programs and online videos. Most of them are busy helping their young children with homework. GED and U.S. citizenship students have had tests postponed but will use these extra months of self-study to be ready for testing!
Our parish school is distributing 150 lunches for families in the community, and donations received by the Center are being used to purchase food and help struggling families, many of whom have no work at this time.
Our prayers and our hearts are with those that are sick and for the families who are suffering bereavement and loss. We also pray for the protection of you and your family.
May the Lord be with you.
Sisters Jane Bonar and Catherine Burke, and Glendy Aguirre, administrative assistant