- Changing Lives for Good: Dubuque Sisters Meet Ninja Warrior at Ministry
- San Francisco Sister Euphemia O’Connor Celebrates 100 Years
- New Windsor Sister Margaret Garvey Celebrates 100 Years
- Sister Anne O’Leary Welcomed Back to US Unit of Union
- Dubuque: NETWORK Simulation on Racial Wealth and Income Gap
- Union US: Sister Petronilla to Celebrate 100 Years
- Aberdeen: Billboard Brings Sex Trafficking Awareness
- Union: US – Two Sisters Celebrate Jubilee of Profession
- Union NL Celebrates 160th Anniversary of Their Arrival in Newfoundland
- Aberdeen: Caminando Juntos Offers English “On the Go”
- Aberdeen Sisters Stepping Out in Faith
- Aberdeen Presentation People Participate in PRH Workshop
San Francisco Sister Euphemia O’Connor Celebrates 100 Years
Pictured above, Sister Euphemia O’Connor posing with her sister, Sister Kieran O’Connor, in front of the display honoring the O’Connor family that was created for her 100th birthday celebration by one of Sister Euphemia’s many friends.
to 100 Years
On September 11, 2019, Presentation Sisters, Associates, family, friends and former students gathered to celebrate Sister Euphemia O’Connor as she turns 100 years old. The festivities began in the morning at a special Mass and breakfast with sisters and associates in the San Francisco motherhouse.
Then, at 1:00, 50 of Sister Euphemia’s friends and former students gathered in the community room for a “meet and greet” and to share memories and enjoy displays highlighting Sister Euphemia’s long life and service. The displays included childhood and family photographs, class photographs and memorabilia from all her years teaching in Presentation and other Catholic schools located in various cities throughout California including: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Gilroy, Berkeley, Montebello and San Lorenzo, and in Seattle, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
At 2:00 guests were invited to partake in a special high tea, replete with tea, sandwiches and special pastries. All in all, it was a serene and joyous occasion that was enjoyed by all in attendance and served as a wonderful way to honor Sister Euphemia as she reached this incredible milestone and became only the sixth San Francisco Presentation Sister in the history of the congregation to join the centenarians.