- Union: NL Makes Pilgrimage to Ireland to Celebrate Nano’s 300th
- Dubuque Sisters Honor Nano’s Legacy by Passing on the Lantern Light
- Union: US – The Long & Short of it in Mary’s Kitchen
- Union: US Friends of Nano make Pilgrimage to Celebrate Nano
- New Windsors’ Clifton Presentation Associates Donate to Those in Need
- Aberdeen Sisters Give Gratitude to Local Organizations in the Name of Nano
- Aberdeen Advertorial Features Tenacity
- US Unit: Presentation Center Prayer Brunch
- Newfoundland and Labrador Celebrating the 300th Anniversary of Foundress
- Aberdeen’s Sister Mary Thomas celebrates 40th Jubilee
- US Unit: St. Joseph School, Upland, California Eighth Grade Mission Project
- New Windsor Sister Julia Ciccolini Celebrates Diamond Jubilee
San Francisco Sisters Enjoy Renovated Ecological Garden
By Sister Rita Jovick
We are grateful to the University of San Francisco for the beautiful gift of the renovated ecological garden and to Greg Smith, motherhouse administrator, for his orchestration of this project.
On Saturday, March 24, 2018, Sister Michele Anne Murphy, president of the Sisters of Presentation, San Francisco, cut the ribbon and led us from the motherhouse dining room into the garden. Paul J. Fitzgerald, SJ, president of the University of San Francisco, blessed the garden.
The renovated ecological garden features California native plants which are already attracting more birds. There will be an herb garden with mint, sage, oregano, thyme and an area for potting plants and a lemon tree. Best of all the area is wheelchair and walker accessible with plenty of space for sitting and contemplating.
Sister Judith Guevara says, “The dogwood is starting to bloom and the flowering maple bush will bloom year-round. The pergola has wisteria on all four pillars. There is so much to look forward to in this little jewel of a garden.”
Sister Mary Jane Floyd says, “I like it a lot out there. I am waiting for a warm sun to sit out there.”
Sister Rosemary McKean says, “We are very fortunate to have this beautiful peaceful garden to walk around a little bit.”
Several sisters have already enjoyed their lunches in this new outdoor space and many go to pray on God’s blessings.