- Sister Richelle Friedman Represents Presentation Sisters on JFI
- Aberdeen Advertorial Features Fearlessness
- Aberdeen Leadership Camp Celebrates Final Year
- Presentation Sisters Celebrate 80th Jubilee
- Dubuque: Celebrating 20 Years of Associate Partnership and Relationship
- San Francisco Welcomes New Associates
- San Francisco Holds Annual Assembly
- San Francisco Sisters Part of Unification of Families Demonstrations
- Union: US – Peter Edwards Named Presentation Prayer Center Director
- Union: Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Assembly
- Dubuque Associate Partnership Continues to Grow
- Aberdeen: Families Belong Together
San Francisco Sisters Enjoy Renovated Ecological Garden
By Sister Rita Jovick
We are grateful to the University of San Francisco for the beautiful gift of the renovated ecological garden and to Greg Smith, motherhouse administrator, for his orchestration of this project.
On Saturday, March 24, 2018, Sister Michele Anne Murphy, president of the Sisters of Presentation, San Francisco, cut the ribbon and led us from the motherhouse dining room into the garden. Paul J. Fitzgerald, SJ, president of the University of San Francisco, blessed the garden.
The renovated ecological garden features California native plants which are already attracting more birds. There will be an herb garden with mint, sage, oregano, thyme and an area for potting plants and a lemon tree. Best of all the area is wheelchair and walker accessible with plenty of space for sitting and contemplating.
Sister Judith Guevara says, “The dogwood is starting to bloom and the flowering maple bush will bloom year-round. The pergola has wisteria on all four pillars. There is so much to look forward to in this little jewel of a garden.”
Sister Mary Jane Floyd says, “I like it a lot out there. I am waiting for a warm sun to sit out there.”
Sister Rosemary McKean says, “We are very fortunate to have this beautiful peaceful garden to walk around a little bit.”
Several sisters have already enjoyed their lunches in this new outdoor space and many go to pray on God’s blessings.