- Dubuque: Nano’s Dream Realized
- New Orleans Service & Discernment Trip: Spring Break with the Sisters
- Aberdeen Sister Mary Pius Gutoski Celebrates 75th Jubilee
- Five Aberdeen Sisters Celebrate 70th Jubilee
- Seven Aberdeen Sisters Celebrate 60th Jubilee
- Aberdeen Sisters Sharing the Joy of Education
- Union: US – Associate Day in Fargo
- Union: US – Nano Nagle Award at St. Norbert Catholic School
- San Francisco: Un-bee-lievable Hospitality
- Union: NL Associates’ Prison Outreach Project
- Union: US – Presentation Learning Center Completes School Year
- 2019 Dubuque Jubilee Celebrations
UISG Meeting in Rome
Pictured above, Sister Carmen enjoys the company of her new found friends from the following countries: Netherlands, Brazil, U.S., England, Malawi, Great Britain, Nigeria, Rep South Africa and India.
Dubuque Presentation Sister Carmen Hernandez attended the UISG International Union of Superiors General meeting in Rome this month. This year’s theme, Sowers of Prophetic Hope, was definitely an experience true to its name. Over 840 women religious from 80 countries of origin and 13 languages gathered to discuss how hope could be lived out and expressed in religious life, our planet, intercultural life, creation and interreligious dialogue.
Sister Carmen shares, “I was deeply moved by the richness of table conversations where sisters from different cultures shared opinions, questions and values on the theme for the day. Daily liturgy and music were expressed in different languages. While sisters came from a variety of countries, our oneness was united through discussions, music, meals and newfound friendships.”