- Aberdeen Presentation Sisters to Host Virtual Cinco de Mayo Fiesta, Benefiting Caminando Juntos
- Dubuque: Catholic Sisters Launch Yearlong Social Justice Conversation Series
- Aberdeen Presentation People Host “Virtual Mission Coffee” Gatherings
- Dubuque Presentation Associates Deepen Identity
- New Windsor Service Saturday Volunteer Learns from Experience
- Dubuque: Remarkable Women
- Aberdeen: Continuing Our Lenten Journey
- Union: NL – A Reflection for Presentation Day 2020 from Holly Foley
- Dubuque Associate Offering Support to Others Through Jail and Prison Ministry
- Aberdeen: Our Faithful Journey Continues
- Aberdeen: Planting and Growing Seeds of Peace
- Dubuque: New Orleans Local Presentation Sisters Light up Their Neighborhood with Hope-themed House Float
Aberdeen Presentation Sisters to Host Virtual Cinco de Mayo Fiesta, Benefiting Caminando Juntos
“We are excited about the 2021 Cinco de Mayo Fiesta celebration,” said Kathy Graff, district manager for Wells Fargo. “Last year was difficult for many, but the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta provides the Sioux Falls community an opportunity to celebrate life and unity while raising funds and awareness about critical programs. Wells Fargo is proud to lend our support to this work.”
Wells Fargo has been the presenting sponsor since the first fiesta in 2008. Not only have they helped out financially, but also organize the Kids’ Zone and supply over 50 volunteers the day of event, through their Latin Connections group. We value the on-going support of our other many sponsors as well, including Avera Health, our Entertainment Sponsor. As the Cinco de Mayo Fiesta involves around 300 volunteers for an in-person event, we appreciate our sponsors’ commitment to the ministry and event. Reimagining how to connect volunteers as we engage the community for a virtual platform, for the second year in a row, has been one of our biggest challenges.
The virtual platform for 2021 does bring more virtual opportunities that 2020 did not allow, due to more time for planning and imagining as a committee. This year, one of our amazing committee members has volunteered his talents and media company to film all elements of the fiesta in advance. This will help create a unique and fun filled video that will be played on Caminando Juntos’ YouTube channel and the Cinco de Mayo Facebook page on May 8, beginning at 9:00 am as we continue to celebrate the Latino cultures among us.
This virtual fiesta will still include a mayoral proclamation, singing from the students at the local Spanish emersion school, music, dancing, a Chihuahua fashion show and so much more as we share information about the ministry and the needs of the community in a fun, family celebration! A new addition has been added for “Taco Take Out” as we invite the community to visit the local food vendors who have supported the fiesta in the past, in a safe way with ordering take out. Anyone spending $25 or more at the participating vendors, the weeks leading up to the virtual fiesta, will have a chance to be entered into a drawing. As a way to give back to our local community, we are purchasing gift certificates from these wonderful Latino vendors, and will be having more drawings and giveaways than we have had in the past. We invite you to join us in this celebration where ever you are!
If you are on Facebook, you can follow the event here: https://www.facebook.com/CincoFiestaSiouxFalls
Caminando Juntos YouTube will be streaming the video May 8 as well.
If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please contact us at 605-271-0468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.