- Union US – Seasons of Life: Spirituality of Aging
- Union: US – Opening Borders, Opening Hearts
- Cypress, California: Friends of Nano Retreat
- Dubuque: Presentation Call to Protect Human Rights
- Aberdeen Presentation Sisters Host Women’s Retreat
- Aberdeen: Warm a Neighbor Event a Success
- Union: NL – Snowmageddon 2020
- Dubuque: Celebrating the Lunar New Year
- Aberdeen: Investing to Enact Change
- Celebrating Educational Heritage in Fargo
- Union: US -The Courageous Heart Retreat February 2020
- 20th Anniversary Celebration of Presentation Learning Center, Watts, Calif.
Union: US – Two Sisters Celebrate Jubilee of Profession
Pictured above, from left, Sister Janice Ihli, Rev. Dale Lagodinski and Sister Marilyn Omieczynski.
On August 17 two sisters of the Union of the Presentation Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary celebrated jubilees of profession. Profession of religious vows was made by Sister Janice Ihli 60 years ago and by Sister Marilyn Omieczynski 50 years ago.
Sister Janice taught in parish schools in Fargo, New Rockford and Langdon, North Dakota. She served many years in religious formation in parishes and in diocesan offices. In 1978 Paulist Press published Liturgy of the Word for Children which she authored. Sister Janice served on several diocesan boards and committees as well as on the governing board of Friendship, Inc. For several years she was a foster parent for Cass County Social Services.
Sister Marilyn was principal and classroom teacher in parish schools in San Lorenzo, Whittier, Orange, and Huntington Beach, California. She also taught in Globe, Arizona and Salt Lake City, Utah. She served as director of St. Joseph Salesian Youth Renewal Center in Rosemond, California. Sister Marilyn was retreat coordinator and spiritual director at Desert House of Prayer, Tucson, Arizona. She is a certified massage therapist, Reiki master and co-author of Reiki I: The Journey Begins.
Both sisters were members of leadership teams and vocation/formation teams in their religious order. Rev. Dale Lagodinski presided at the Eucharistic liturgy at the jubilee celebration at Sacred Heart Convent, Fargo.