- Changing Lives for Good: Dubuque Sisters Meet Ninja Warrior at Ministry
- San Francisco Sister Euphemia O’Connor Celebrates 100 Years
- New Windsor Sister Margaret Garvey Celebrates 100 Years
- Sister Anne O’Leary Welcomed Back to US Unit of Union
- Dubuque: NETWORK Simulation on Racial Wealth and Income Gap
- Union US: Sister Petronilla to Celebrate 100 Years
- Aberdeen: Billboard Brings Sex Trafficking Awareness
- Union: US – Two Sisters Celebrate Jubilee of Profession
- Union NL Celebrates 160th Anniversary of Their Arrival in Newfoundland
- Aberdeen: Caminando Juntos Offers English “On the Go”
- Aberdeen Sisters Stepping Out in Faith
- Aberdeen Presentation People Participate in PRH Workshop
Union: US – Two Sisters Celebrate Jubilee of Profession
Pictured above, from left, Sister Janice Ihli, Rev. Dale Lagodinski and Sister Marilyn Omieczynski.
On August 17 two sisters of the Union of the Presentation Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary celebrated jubilees of profession. Profession of religious vows was made by Sister Janice Ihli 60 years ago and by Sister Marilyn Omieczynski 50 years ago.
Sister Janice taught in parish schools in Fargo, New Rockford and Langdon, North Dakota. She served many years in religious formation in parishes and in diocesan offices. In 1978 Paulist Press published Liturgy of the Word for Children which she authored. Sister Janice served on several diocesan boards and committees as well as on the governing board of Friendship, Inc. For several years she was a foster parent for Cass County Social Services.
Sister Marilyn was principal and classroom teacher in parish schools in San Lorenzo, Whittier, Orange, and Huntington Beach, California. She also taught in Globe, Arizona and Salt Lake City, Utah. She served as director of St. Joseph Salesian Youth Renewal Center in Rosemond, California. Sister Marilyn was retreat coordinator and spiritual director at Desert House of Prayer, Tucson, Arizona. She is a certified massage therapist, Reiki master and co-author of Reiki I: The Journey Begins.
Both sisters were members of leadership teams and vocation/formation teams in their religious order. Rev. Dale Lagodinski presided at the Eucharistic liturgy at the jubilee celebration at Sacred Heart Convent, Fargo.